Tianna Meets Santa

Tianna Meets Santa

Friday, December 25, 2009

Saturday December 12th

This was the BIG day, it seemed like there were many big days. This was the day we were to get the results back from Tiannas TB test. 4 of the families headed to the Medical exam office. Toms family did not have to go as there daughter is under 2 and had it on Thursday. It was at this time we met back with Sandra and Dan and there new daughter. Also there older son Dan Jr flew in late on Sunday by himself as we met him for the 1st time.

Mary, the 5th family also was in on this exam trip. She was with us in Beijing as well with Sandra and Dan. Also Gui Lan Zong, our tour guide flew in the night before. When we got to the exam office is looked like a mad house. Kids, parents and guides all over the place. We waited for a little while and then us and Veronika got called in to go over our daughters results. We were up 1st and my fears came true, Tianna test positive on the skin test. Admittedly I was flipping mad inside.

Now I wanted some answers, our local guide Wensi said " we need to give Tianna a chest x-ray". I wanted to know what will happen to my daughter if this shows up positive. No one could give me any type of an answer. Fearing the worse I called for Gui Lan to come over to figure out what was going on. Laura could see that the "Big guy" was gonna explode.

Well after I paid the 200 yen fee for the x-ray, which BTW Tianna thought was fun, it all came out negative. Tianna was fine and we would be okay to leave on the 17th. Another thank you to God goes here.

Funny though, Laura reminded me later on that Tianna had received a TB shot in the orphanage, so of course she would show positive on the skin test. Anyways all is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment