Tianna Meets Santa

Tianna Meets Santa

Friday, January 8, 2010

Going Home part 1 December 17th

The 2 hour flight from Guangzhou to Shanghai was uneventful, which is what you want when you are 35,000 feet in the air. Tianna handled her 2nd flight like a seasoned veteran. It was the flight home that I had my concerns. 14 hours for a 4 year old worried me. But I was looking at the big picture and that was HOME. We were heading home.

We arrived in Shanghai a little ahead of schedule and getting our bags together was pretty easy. We checked to see where the next flight check in was and found it. We also found that we had to wait another 2 hours to check our bags in. While we did this we met up with a lady who just adopted a little girl. She was traveling with her mom. They were going to be on the same flight with us back to Newark. We will get to her in my next post.

While waiting, we had plenty of time to get lunch at Burger King, the food was good. But once again we got "The Stares". This Chinese couple a few tables down were staring at us. So I just got up and moved our cart of luggage so it would block them. Once again I keep telling myself, "We are going home".

As we began our walk to the check in counter we see a Chinese man walking a dog heading in our direction. He of course is looking right at us. As he passed us his head does a 180 and just keeps looking at us. It was here that I lost it. I turned around and began to walk in his direction and gave him a few choice words. Laura turned and said "Matt lets go, don't get your self in trouble". After 14 days of dealing with the looks I let loose.

It did not stop here as Laura would encounter another RUDE Chinese person. I had to use the bathroom and so Laura and Tianna waited out side for me to finish. While in there a Chinese woman comes out of the bathroom and sees Tianna sleeping with her head down in the stroller. She bends down to wake her up, Laura yells at her and turns Tianna away from her. I figured this wont stop until we are on the plane home. Considering the mood I was in it was a good thing I was in the bathroom and not Laura. They may have locked me up.

Finally it was time to go the gate, USA here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment