Tianna Meets Santa

Tianna Meets Santa

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Going Home Part 2 December 17th

We were nearing time to board the plane for the loooooong flight home. While waiting for the boarding announcement we met up again with the lady, her mom and her new daughter. She was visibly upset. I asked her where she was sitting and they told her that she was got 3 single seats. They had nothing together. I could not imagine having all three of us sitting in different seats for a 14 hour flight.

When we saw them on the plane they were in the back with us. They were able to get two together but grandma had to sit in the row behind them. Laura and I both felt the stress of doing an adoption and being on the road had taken a toll on her.

Tianna was wonderful on the flight considering how long it was. She had only two crying spells and one was before we took off. I on the other hand was not as good. I have been afraid of flying lately, not really sure why considering just how much flying I had done in my life. Perhaps since I have a wife and child I feel I have more to live for. Well what ever reason it is, turbulence and I don't mix.

As we got closer to Newark I began to reflect on how our lives have changed in the last 4 months. It seemed that an adoption would never happen, and now it was almost over. Everything was almost over. No more paper work, medical exams, home study updates and most of the quest to become parents was over. Laura and I were now mom and dad. Or as Tianna would say, "Mamma" and "Pappa".

The movement through customs, immigration services and luggage claim was pretty smooth. While waiting for the luggage my dad called wondering where we were. I could tell mom reached a point of not being able to wait any longer. And her wait would end shortly. The 1st family member we saw was my brother Jim, then mom and dad.

The ride home was fun as mom, dad and Jim got to hear about our trip and to FINALLY meet Tianna. Tianna dozed off for a short time on the way home. When we got to the house it was decorated by some of our friends from the FCC LI group. Tianna loved her new room and the play room was a big hit.

We were finally home, as one journey ended a new one was about to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment