Tianna Meets Santa

Tianna Meets Santa

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Looking back on the 1st month

Today was Tianna's 4th Birthday and of course her 1st USA Birthday. We have now been home for just over 1 month and it has been an interesting one. Jet lag really did a number on the 3 of us. But that only took a week to over come. Laura lost her uncle and then we went right into the holidays.

The month has been filled with doctor appointments, 1st time meetings with family and friends, my birthday and my parents 50th wedding anniversary party. Then today Tianna's birthday. Through it all Tianna has fallen into a routine that has made life easy at home. The crying when its nap or bed time is all but gone. She is learning English and now can count to 10. She understands so much more then I ever thought she would this quickly.

We are now preparing for her cleft pallet repair surgery in February. We are all looking forward to the Chinese New Year Celebration that our agency is hosting next month. At that time we will be able to reunite with some of our travel group. And the best news is that we are looking into to heading to Disney World in May.

Laura, Tianna and I are getting into a groove as a family. Life is good right now.

2 comments:

  1. So WONDERFUL to read your blog! Tiana is such a cutie! Love Mary & Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I don't know if you will get this but I just got your blog off of RQ. I noticed it because you said you were from Long Island. I was born there and lived there until I was 12. Now I live in Ulster County about 2 1/2 hours from NYC. We returned home in January of 2009 with our daughter who just turned 4 on January 23rd of this year. So our girls are 3 days apart in age!! I hope Tianna's surgery went well!! Nice to "meet" you.
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete